Thursday, April 24, 2014

conference weekend

Conference weekend is always a fun few days of being with family and laying around, eating good food and listening to all the amazing talks. But this time it was extra special. Bonnie was really sick and had to be in the hospital due to a blockage in her stomach. But she did not let that ruin her special conference weekend. So all the Thomasons gathered in the little hospital Chapel and watched conference together. Then we had a great Sunday dinner (it was actually delicious) in the hospital cafeteria. It was such a fun and memorable weekend. But most of all, it was such a perfect time to listen to the Prophet and be reminded that God has a plan for us and he will help us through our trials. Evey talk had something that our family needed to hear. What a wonderful and uplifting weekend we were able to spend with our family.








 I stayed in Rexburg for the week and watch Anni and Kate while Mandy, Brady, the boys and my parents went to Denver. It was way fun with the girls, but busy! They are always on the go.
While the girls were at school we were able to spend some time with Bonnie and Warren. Bonnie had a stent placed where the blockage was so she was able to go home from the hospital and is now doing great! And looking more beautiful than ever.


I tried to help a little with Stevens scrap book while I was in Rexburg. It has been 14 years since he died from cancer. I miss him every day.
I was fun to look through his pictures. I found this one when Steven and Chris were on expedition together. And believe it or not, they were actually in college in this picture- Chris looks 12 :)



 We also got to help Bonnie with some of her scrap booking. It was a huge mess, but so much fun. I loved spending time with her and my sisters.


( her step sisters came to visit while we were scrapbooking)
The kids playing tea party

Chris came and picked us up the next weekend. We went to church with Bonnie and Warren. And because I am the crazy picture girl, I of coarse, had to get picture of everyone in their Sunday best :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment