Monday, May 14, 2012

mothers day

                     I have only been a mom for 6 short months but I have a whole new respect for all mothers. A few things I have learned...
-I now understand why my parents wanted to kill every boy that hurt my feelings.
-I feel bad I ever thought I was ugly because now I know how beautiful my mom thinks I am and how bad she would feel if anyone ever said differently.
-I am now so much more grateful for everything my mom did/does for me. Even little things like finding time to make a warm dinner. I now understand this is hard and she did it every day of my life.
-I want to congratulate any mom that gets herself and her children ready, puts makeup on, real clothes on, and gets out of the house more then 4 times a week. That is a serious accomplishment and takes effort. I cant say I do this yet...Im trying for just 2 times a week. baby steps
-Most of all, I understand how much my mom loves me. She always said it, and I always knew it, but now I understand it. I would rather die than have anything happen to my baby and I am sure my mom feels the same way about me. Some days I feel like Im going to burst with love for my little Avalee. I will spend the rest of my life making sure Avalee knows how much I love her and how I would do anything for her.
             I know my list of, "holy cow, I cant believe my mom did this for me" or, "Gzzz, now I understand why my mom feels this way", will keep growing and growing. I am learning how hard, amazing, exhausting, terrifying, and rewarding motherhood can be. I feel so lucky I have Avalee and can be a mom.
I am just so grateful for my amazing mom. She really is one of my best friends and I honestly could not be where I am without her. And I am also so lucky to have an incredible mother in law that is seriously the sweetest person and has been so kind and generous to me. Avalee has the 2 most amazing grandmas in the world. Period.
(and mom, I know you are reading this and correcting my grammar and spelling..Sorry, I'm tired and don't care to correct it all- haha)
Happy Mothers Day!!! Lets celebrate and go take a nap!!!


 Chris is such a wonderful husband. He got me a beautiful necklace with a little girl charm. So cute. And he got flowers for my pots outside. Such a sweetheart.

I like this quote I found on pinterest. It is exactly me and everything Im living right now...

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, 
nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, 
clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, 
and the future worth living for" 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post Mer! I just want to say Amen to that! I remember right after having Charlotte specifically wanting to thank my parents a million times for changing all my diapers. lol And I am dying over little Avy's swim suit pic. Babies + Swimming suits= perfection

    ReplyDelete