Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

SO much to be thankful for this year. Chris and I are so blessed. We have the most beautiful, healthy, perfect little girl. We have the most amazing family that has helped us these past few weeks. We have a warm beautiful home, our health, our jobs, our love for each other...the list could go on and on! We feel like the most lucky and blessed people in the world.
This year thanksgiving was a little different. Because Avalee is still so small, and I am still trying to adjust to no sleep, we decided to stay in Boise and have our own little thanksgiving. We missed our family (and all the amazing food) but it was nice to be home and lazy all day. Our dinner was takeout from cracker barrel- ha! But it actually was good and the best part is it required no work!! We spent the day in PJs watching movies and cuddling our little Ava :) It was a perfect thanksgiving!

We were lucky enough to have Chris's parents come Friday and Saturday. Bonnie and Warren are so wonderful. They were such a huge help! They took care of all the diapers, burping, bouncing, reading, and cooking all weekend. Ava loved every minute and we have loved all the freezer meals Bonnie made! (she made 6 freezer meals in one night-amazing!) It was really sad to have them leave :( 


Just for my record....I am so grateful for sleep!!! I haven't be getting much recently so I really have learned to appreciate it :) This is what we do every night around 2, 4, 6 and 8am... good thing she is so dang adorable and sweet to make it worth it :)

2 comments:

  1. ahhh sleep! Never knew how much of a wonderful thing it was huh!? but at the same time I Remember cuddling wakely in the middle of the night still not wanting to put her down even tho I was tired as can be. She sure is sweet Mer. I had a feeling you guys would stay home for thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable! That kind of Thanksgiving actually sounds nice. Not all the time, but maybe once and a while ;)

    ReplyDelete