Our little Jett is already 1 month old. It is crazy how fast this month has gone. He is getting so big and is already changed so much.
I wrote about Avy every month her first year and I love reading it so I am going to try my hardest to do the same for Jett. Just a few things I want to remember about him... probably nothing anyone else wants to read, but I dont want to forget anything. Hopefully I can keep my blog up when he starts sleeping through the night. Right now the only time I have to blog is an the middle of the night when Jett wont sleep :) aww the joy of new borns
- Jett is a little tank! He is getting so big. Already up to 11 pounds and has the most adorable chubby cheeks. He is in 0-3 month clothes. Im so glad he is a good eater!
- He LOVES bath time. Always chills him out and can get him relaxed
- His favorite position is being swaddled up and pat on his back while I sit and bounce on the exercise ball. Thats actually what im doing right now and he is in heaven.
- He has good and bad nights. His longest stretch of sleep has been 3.5 hours and that is rare- usually up every 2 hours on the dot. And when he wants to be awake from 1-4 or 5AM, he will be awake and there is nothing I can do to convince him otherwise.
-doesn't like a binki :( I have tried to force him to like it but it usually just makes him mad
- he throws up and burps SO much. I always have milk spit up on my clothes (or on my face) and he will scream and scream until every little burp it out of his tummy,
- Most the time he is such a sweet and nice litttle guy but when he is mad, he can scream! I don't think he is colic and I can usually can calm him down, but he can get pretty loud. Still a pretty cute mad face though.
-So alert and bright eyed. He could beat anyone at a staring contest
- So strong! He can do impressive little baby pushups on his tummy and can stand on his little legs like a pro!
- Im so in love with his hair! when he gets out of the tub its really curly. I bet we will have another curly haired baby :)
- I have been pleasantly surprised by how well Avy has adapted to having a new baby in our family. Its just like he has always been here. She loves giving him kisses and showing me how "soft" she is when she rubs his hair. And Jett tolerates Avy's accidental smacks to his face very well. She has her moments when she wants me to "put Jett to sleep" or "daddy hold Jett" or " hold AA!! No Jett!". But for the most part, she is always right by me helping change his diaper or pat him to sleep. And she is the only one who can totally tune out his crying. Its pretty awesome
We love him more than anything and are so lucky to have him in our family! This amazing little boy has already blessed our lives so much
the magic exercise ball. Does the trick every time. Avy usually likes to get in on the bouncing too. We could be in the circus.

I cannot believe he's already one month old! I love hearing updates and I can wait to meet him
ReplyDelete